Age of Sigmar
Siege of the Chaos Dreadhold
REGISTRATION: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH 10:30AM TO 12:00PM
PLAY: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH 12:00PM TO 7:00PM
GAME SYSTEM: AGE OF SIGMAR 1,500 POINT PITCHED BATTLE FORCE
COMPETITIVE LEVEL: CASUAL – THIS EVENT WILL HOPEFULLY HAVE UNEXPECTED YET FUN SCENARIOS IN PLAY, AND MAY HAVE POTENTIALLY UNBALANCED RULES IN EFFECT. PLAYERS SHOULD COME PREPARED FOR AN ENJOYABLE YET BRUTAL
It has been near a decade since the Living City was liberated by the forces of order and the vile Khorne forces were defeated. However not all is a peaceful as would be expected. Tzeentch has amassed an
army of faithful followers whom have constructed a Chaos Dreadhold in the neighboring region. The forces of order and their allies must lay siege to this Dreadhold and cleanse the neighboring lands of the
forces of chaos.
- Armies shall be a 1,500 point pitched battle force and belong to a single allegiance using the Vanguard restrictions for army composition.
- Armies shall be painted to a 3-color minimum standard. Essentially at minimum: apply a colored base coat, paint skin tones, paint weapons, and the base should be either without paint splatter or painted.
Siege of the Chaos Dreadhold will be fought using the Coalition of Death and Siege Warfare rules, as found in the General’s Handbook 2017 with the following revisions:
- The battle will be fought on a single battlefield comprised of two 8-foot tables.
- Players will be assigned to one of the teams: Chaos Castellans or Order Assault Force. For players bringing death or destruction armies a roll on the confederation table will determine which teams they will fight for.
- We will not be using Their Finest Hour or The Fog of War rules from Coalition of Death. We will use a slightly modified form of Divine Intervention.
- Elements from Siege Warfare will be used such as Starve, Batter, and Tunnel. However, we will not have a siege phase at the start of the battle to save time during deployment (these events will occur in a more narrative sense during play).
- A large pool of player objectives will be generated, and upon registration each player will be allowed to randomly select 3 objectives then choose 1, which they will keep as their personal objective for the battle. They will then return the 2 objectives they did not choose, and these will be re-entered into the random pool. The personal objective they select will remain secret to all players (both allies and opponents), and will help to determine their placement in the final rankings.
- Once teams are assigned and a warlord is chosen for each team, an overall mission will be given to each warlord
- Each phase will be timed to help ensure the battle will move at a reasonable pace and at least 3 turns can be accomplished (if players are going strong and we are ahead of schedule we can try to squeeze in a 4th round). The hero and movement phase will last 15 minutes, the shooting phase will last 15 minutes, the charge and combat phase will last 30 minutes, and the battle shock phase 5 minutes. If a phase is completed ahead of schedule the extra time can be used during subsequent phases. However once the time limit is reached, players must immediately roll any applicable armour saves then move onto the next phase (no more movement, attack, or damage rolls can be made).
Players will be able to score battle points based on their ability to both accomplish personal objectives and assist their team in achieving the warlord objective. Hobby points will be awarded for painting and army theme. A total tally and ranking will be assigned for each player and the MVP from each team will be named and awarded.
Schedule of Play
The following is the initial schedule assuming no rounds are finished early:
- 10:30 am – Registration, and selection of personal objective.
- 12:00 pm – Assignment of teams and team meetings to determine team warlord and general strategy (without divulging personal objectives).
- 12:05 pm – begin deployment of armies
- 12:30 pm – begin round 1 turn 1
- 1:35 pm – begin round 1 turn 2
- 1:40 pm – begin round 2 turn 1
- 2:45 pm – begin round 2 turn 2
- 3:50 pm to 4:20 pm - indicate model or unit for paint/hobby scoring then take food/rest break
- 4:20 pm – begin round 3 turn 1
- 5:25 pm – begin round 3 turn 2
- 6:30 pm – tally objective achievements and determine victors.
- Personal objectives:
- Personal objectives will likely give each player’s general a unique command ability, and players will score points by completing tasks. These objectives will vary between typical goals like trying to capture a piece of terrain and having an ability to make your army more durable to eliminating enemy generals and having an ability to make you more maneuverable or lethal. Some of the personal objectives will be more zany things like You Only Though I Was Here to Fight You: This command ability can be used on any unit that is already engaged in combat, immediately perform a retreat action, this unit can act as if it had not retreated for the following phases that turn. Receive 1 battle point for every unit that successfully retreats, if this unit charges a different unit from which it retreated from in the following charge phase, an additional battle point is scored.
- Painting and theme scoring:
- During break judges will score each players army for the best technically painted, most impressive conversion/color scheme, and best implementation of theme. Theme will be based on any fun extraneous items such as pamphlets provided or costumes worn, and the judges ability to tell which models belong to a particular player based on a unifying color scheme and possible squad markings.